Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Summer Memory: Hidden Talents

     During the summer I had the opportunity to participate at an acting summer camp this year. I played  the role of Cliff the head Janitor while Matthew was my partner in crime as Jim the Scottish Janitor. Three plays were held at the end of Summer and I made lots of friends and had a lot of fun.

     When I signed up for this camp it meant I had to live in a town an hour and 45 minutes away for 4 weeks with my Grandma and her boyfriend, Jaime. Even though my parents came every weekend and I loved my Grandma and Jaime, I was still nervous because I wasn't even going to live with my parents for a month. But they took me out for lunch at Paddy Flaherty's (Which has some of the best burgers I've ever tasted, and the place I caught my rare Gyarados) and I started to get used to the town.

     The camp was awesome. For the first week, we just put on hilarious skits with the helpers and it was fun. My favourite skit is where we mocked soap operas and did a soap opera skit. I was the mother in law, because there is always a mother in law in every soap opera. It's an unofficial law to have a mother in law in a soap opera. For the next three weeks though, we were given our roles and had to practice six hours a day for our musical: Great Times at HT High. Finally, on the last Saturday and Sunday we put on three plays and it was worth the work. 

   On stage is my moment. It was amazing. A giant spotlight shining on you, blinding, not knowing how the others in the audience see you. Trying your best to stay in character and knowing soon you will be off and can relax your mouth muscles. The relaxing smell of the smoke machine. And best of all, my friends by my side letting me know that they will support me if I make a mistake. All stress of the world outside relieved and not worrying about anything except for making that line sound right. It is my favourite feeling in the world.

   That was my moment in the summer and I hope to participate at HT next year because acting is my passion.

2 comments:

  1. you should have a bigger and more interesting paragraph for your conclusion

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how descriptive you are with how you felt when you were on stage but try to have more of that throughout your posts

    ReplyDelete