Sunday, November 6, 2016

My cruise and trip to disney


Friday morning at 4:30 I was woken up by my sister, Mom and Dad. My sister was the most excited at all, and yelled in my ear when I was in the middle of a pleasant dream about quality cuisine that we were going to go to Orlando, Florida and go on a cruise to Bahamas, which, naturally, made me go ecstatic. I ran downstairs like the roadrunner on steroids, ate a small breakfast because I was going to eat a lot on the cruise, and hopped in the car with my luggage. It took a long time to fly to Florida (more than usual, that is) and then my brother, my sister, my mom, my dad and I took a bus to Animal Kingdom Lodge. They call it Animal Kingdom for a reason - on our balcony, we get a perfect view of a savanna setting, complete with live male giraffes, wildebeest, gazelle, zebra, a weird flightless bird that twitches all the time, and some sort of African deer. There was a pool and a big slide, and they had a nice buffet full of African cuisine and Indian spices. On the first full day there, we went to Disney Springs, went to the T. Rex cafĂ© and showed my brother the LEGO store (my brother loved the human sized LEGO Hulk that was at the front of the store). Next was my brother's birthday were we went to Magic Kingdom all day and went on different rides and me and my sister went on a bunch of roller coasters. We didn't see the fireworks because literally a million people were there watching the fireworks and we didn't want it to be an hour before we even got on the bus to the hotel, but it was a fun day. The next day we went to a water park and got ready for the cruise.

The Disney cruise wasn't in Orlando so we had to take a bus to the dock in Port Canaveral. We all boarded safely and went on the huge water slide: the AquaDuck. We were excited for this cruise because it marks our fifth Disney cruise which makes us gold Castaway Club members and means we've been on all four ships! The next day we sailed to Bahamas, but because everybody on the ship was getting off at Bahamas we decided to stay on the ship where the water slides and pools were nearly empty of people, and for dinner I had escargot. The next day was Castaway Cay, Disney's own island in the Bahamas. I swam in the beach and some guy there stepped on a sea urchin, which at first almost scared me half to death because there was a sign outside the beach saying swim at your own risk. But fortunately for him it wasn't a spiky one, but it was bumpy and stuck to your skin. For our last day we were at sea. My mom and I ate lunch together, and then my mom and I saw the premier of Doctor Strange at midnight (which is my new favourite movie) while my dad and sister ate lunch together and went on a sea-doo. It was a trip to remember and I enjoyed it so much. School, here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment