Tuesday, November 22, 2016

AWESOME Blog: When nobody wakes you up


   In life, the best things are usually the simple things, like when your parents completely forget that you have Hockey early and let you wrap yourself up in your overly comfortable flannel that you got for your birthday because flannel is just. That. Good. Sleep is like being dead without the commitment - the ability to just shut yourself off and do nothing as you relax in your tiny warm bubble of blankets. Everybody knows the feeling of waking up at 7:00 and just going back to bed. If you haven't, I pity you more than I pitied my Mom when I forced her to go on the Leviathan for the first time at Canada's Wonderland. She screamed so loud I felt like my eardrums were trying to escape! Anyway, because I'm tired (Pun intended) of everyone always waking me up while I'm trying to sleep, here's some facts about why you should sleep in.

   1. It's good for you!
   Everybody knows that sleeping is great for you! Your body and mind is working all the time, even when you are being lazy and sitting on the couch munching Doritos watching The Simpsons. Sleep isn't just relaxing you - It's also relaxing your mind and physical body. So don't wake me up - I'm getting healthier! Sleeping is also like a giant dream catcher for stress. When your sleeping, you aren't stressed. Your just dreaming ridiculous dreams about riding whales and racing Sonic the Hedgehog to the top of rainbow Mount Everest.

   2. Babies sleep more than we do!
      As the great Neil Pasricha once said, "We can learn much from the baby". Same thing goes with sleep - those little ones take 2 naps throughout the day AND their 10 hour sleep at night time - all without being interrupted. Those infants sleep like they just ran a 10 km marathon using only their hands. Without water. Or oxygen. Maybe if we all just slept as long as toddlers everybody would be in a good mood and no war or violence would ever happen ever again. Maybe. No, I'm lying, but it's a nice thought.


   3. It's a great excuse for being lazy!
      Even if sleeping isn't for you, there is still that 5 minute space of time between when you go to bed and fall asleep, and that's when I usually think my best thoughts. For example - the idea of a blog post about sleeping came from before I went to sleep (And by the way, that night nobody woke me up early). Even if all those crazy satisfying and enjoyable things don't appeal to you, you could always just lay awake on your phone playing Candy Crush and call it "sleeping" (I'm looking at you, every single adult ever).

   So, if you haven't already figured out that the most satisfying feeling in the world is sleeping like you just died and are lying in a heavenly cloud of cotton candy, I'm telling you now - sleep is the best thing ever, and when no one wakes you up it's even better!








2 comments:

  1. nice use of descriptive language the one thing i would recommend is that you incorporate more use of figurative language into your blog. i think you should continue to use words that sound like you in your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'tiny warm bubble of blanket' - Yes!
    'giant dream catcher for stress' - YES!

    Love the creative language you used in your post. Your sentences are fluent and allow the reader to deep dive into your topic!

    ReplyDelete